Wednesday, July 06, 2005

ROME, POMPEI, CORFU.

From Florence we drove to Rome. Rome is an amazing place. We visited the Sistine Chappel and St. Peters Plaza where we saw Pope Benedict 16th. We also saw where Pope John Paul 2nd was burried under St. Peters Church. The Roman Civilisation and Empire is so extraordinary. The buildings sucha s the Pantheon and the drainage and sewage systems that they where able to build more than 2000 years ago is just incredible.

From Rome we travelled to the lost city of Pompei where we stayed just for the day and then made our way to the port to catch an overnight ferry to the Greek Island of Corfu. The name of our luxury ferry was Ouranos!

I'm in Corfu now in the town center. We arrived here yeaterday in the morning and spent the day on "Georges Boat" for a day cruise and some water sports.

Tommorow we we will be departing for Athens.


Paragliding in Corfu, Greece.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Inside the Sistine Chappel where Michael Angelos famous 'Creation' painting graces the ceilling. (Note photos are not suppose to be taken inside the chappel so I felt quite guilty taking this shot! however I can assure you that I did not use the flash.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Waiting for Pope Benedict the 16th at St. Peters Square. He is due to appear from the window draped with a red cloth.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Pope Benedict the 16th addressing the faightful in different languages! I've been told he could speak 9 languages.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The facinating Colosseum in Rome.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


On the steps of the Spanish Steps in Rome.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Contiki Tour Buddies on 'Georges Boat', Corfu, Greece.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


In the streets of the Lost City of Pompeii.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wassup Greg! You're having too much adventure there. I'm jealous. Well cuz, I'm happy for you. My cuzins in NY were just there last month in Paris and London while you were with us. I just found that out when she called me on Independence Day. You're inspiring me to go traveling too. Dude, someday I hope.

Anyways, try to send text once in a while. I haven't gotten any message at all from you. Put it on vibrate call. Always recharge it. Always power it on. When is the best time to talk?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi greg, our computer has LOTS of viruses, Rod suggest that we reformat the whole thing, but i need to back-up my files and your files. Do you have anything important that you want me to save? & can i access it. I really need the compp to be working efficently & we need to regularly check where you are and also, I just learnt the value of keeping computers clean internally.

12:44 AM  
Blogger TravellingGreg said...

Maryann just format the bugger! I'll just by another comp when I get back. cross my fingers I dont have anything important to loose in there!

4:31 AM  
Blogger TravellingGreg said...

Hey Andrew, soory dude I havn't been in contact with you lately, its been pretty hectic on this tour. Also I've been getting all this measages from a dating line or something : )

I'll talk to you soon.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home